Monday, May 5, 2008

Matched in the Heavens



When I had nothing I had you.
I saw it written that if you give your life then eternity will be ours.
You put your trust in our Rabb and in turn you followed me.
Never did I have to wonder about you as my secrets, my honour and my Deen were safe with you.

When the enemy barked you never flinched.
You were strong and in turn made me strong.
We both know what hardships you faced just to be with me but not a word did you speak.

Like a vanguard for this Ummah you concealed yourself.
Where others would rush to please their desires you were the essences of Taqwa.
Life was easy with you and it came so naturally.
You were the extension of me and I would never need to finish my words as who knew me better then you....
It's the little things that make the person and you would have easily have kept me going for a lifetime.

I loved that the Haq was dearer to you than my life and those of our properties
You will never find a diamond in the hands of the poor
in the same way our diamond deserves to be carried in your hands.
We could have it all my love but who sells Paradise for an hour of passing pleasure?
Not us.

I chose you where i can find the loyalties of my future kids are.
They will love what we love
They will love Allah Most Glorified Most High,
They will love the Prophets and the best of Companions,
They will love those who they have never met but will long to meet.
They will love those better then us.
They will live to honour one statement.
Others will fall under the weight of La illiha illiha but not them.
Their hearts will beat it, their words testify to it and their hands carry it..inshaAllah

None was worthy to stand next to me in this life so why is it I should desire another in the next? ;)

No comments: