Monday, May 5, 2008

The Yearning

I'm a day dreamer. I like to immerse in my thoughts and forget what's around me. I become almost oblivious of my surroundings, my environment and the reality I live in. It's what I call my pipe dream (although no drugs are involved obviously, heh!).


I tend to think about different issues, different happenings, in fact life in general in very idealistic terms. I mean whatever theories I conjure and come up with, more often than not, would not hold practically.

In fact, I try to totally isolate myself from reality as much as possible - I guess that's just part of me being a “seeker of solitude”. That is the immediate reality around me; not necessarily what's happening to the human race in general...

...all the strife, the hunger, the conflicts, the death … are literally eating me from inside-injustice, injustice, injustice- where ever I look.

"وما لكم لا تقاتلون في سبيل الله والمستضعفين من الرجال والنساء والولدان الذين يقولون ربنا اخرجنا من هذه القرية الظالم اهلها واجعل لنا من لدنك وليا واجعل لنا من لدنك نصيرا"

"...Men, women, and children, whose cry is: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"

(surah an-nisaa, ayah 75)

Obviously, I personally am unable to do anything about hunger, strife, and innocent people drifting in the middle of the conflict- being killed and plundered mercilessly from both sides. It takes collective effort (although we have avenues such as UN and some more - but they can only do so much); my only recourse is du’aas (supplication).

...Every child I see on the streets, every elderly person I see struggling to live - left helpless by the very hands that they held and raised, neglected by the society...every face of despair I see - I can see a story of life, a life so unfortunate and suffocating...that it is unimaginable...SubhanAllah...

But, Allah Ta’ala does not burden a soul beyond it's capacity, "laa yukalif Allahu nafsan illa wus’aha..." And, as it is well known, the more the hardship, the greater the reward – it is some kind of “special request” from Allah for us to elevate our status of eiman
;)

For sure, InshaAllah Jannah is awaiting the oppressed, the dejected, the rejected - those who were forgotten – even though we see them every single day on our way to work, school...just another "bitter" reality, it is.

When I look at what's "really" happening in the world, outside the microcosmic shell of supposed reality; it is quite unbearable...

...So, the only recourse I can find is, in my own world of dreams, surreal thoughts, colors, ecstatic moments...

...There's one single theme that is common to all of my "pipe dreams", as I like to call my thoughts, and this is yearning for a better place, a better life, a better reality! It is by all means a thirst for Utopia. (normally this “pipe dreams session” take place before I go to sleep every night !)

And I do not find it strange at all. I believe it is only natural for human beings to hope for where they originally came from, and if they work for it, shall ultimately achieve. Back to what they used to be…

"وقلنا يا ادم اسكن انت وزوجك الجنة وكلا منها رغدا حيث شئتما ... "

"...And We said: "O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Paradise and eat both of you freely with pleasure and delight of things therein as wherever you will,..."

(surah al-baqarah, ayah 35)

Jannah, the ultimate Felicity!

In Gardens of Felicity ..

(surah as-saafaat, ayah 43)

And the Pinnacle of this Ultimate Reality is experiencing the Wajh of our Rabb!


"وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ نَّاضِرَةٌ * إِلَى رَبِّهَا نَاظِرَةٌ "

“Some faces that Day shall be Nadirah (shining and radiant); Looking at their Lord (Allah);

(surah al-qiyamah, ayaat 22-23)

This statement also keep lingering in my mind for these past few weeks :

“When the angel of death came to Ibrahim AS, and said, “I’ve been ordered to take your soul.” Ibrahim AS responded and said, “Can you say to Allah ‘how can The Khalil take the soul of His khalil?’” Then Allah SWT ordered to the angel of death, “Tell Ibrahim: ‘how can the friend not want to meet his Friend?’”
[Imam Suhaib Webb - Qiyam: Reflections on the Afterlife]

That is the Revelation- the one who experiences would forget everything, even his own existence...every single injustice ever done to him, every single hardship paled, forgotten forever....this is truly what we Seek. This is the recompense awaiting the patient and truthfull ones.

“O Allah, grant us our original abode and the ziyarah of Thy Wajh, O Allah, and O Allah make our house in Jannah the most, most, mosttt Close to You..;)”

“Let me disclose to you the sign of a true Moomin; he is the one when death approaches, smile spreads on his lips” Muhammad Iqbal.

(just our 1cent thought…)



No comments: