Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sarawak Layer Cake


assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

someone said this to me earlier "I am always, always fascinated at how in the whole wide world the Sarawakians do it. Their layer cake (kek lapis) I mean.

The complexity of the mixtures giving it a variety of distinctive taste not to mentioned the beauty of it. I must say, only when you put your own hands into it you begin to appreciate the art even more. It is a long and tedious process that took up to about 4 hours for a single cake.(i saw my mother baked those before!)

ps : me myself, always sat and stared for a long time into one, more in wondering how actually they come out with such an intricate colorful and batik-ful cake with questions like how do they actually put the colors in between like they'd colored the cake box by box..so intricate the design. Must be tedious…!!

No comments: